Day Trip to Rainbow Springs and Dames Cave

I recently recovered from a bad bout of depression where I didn't want to travel or photograph anything. With a clearer mind, I began to feel the urge to do both of those things again. 

I had planned to stop at these places back in October, but since the first day of my trip fell on a school holiday, I was concerned they would be too crowded to enjoy. 

Since the weather was nice and cool, I figured there wouldn't be too many people at the springs, and I was right. I had a great time getting back into the swing of things when all was said and done and my mind is full of new travel ideas.


Smaller cave near Dames Cave, Citrus WMA, FL

Dames Cave, a popular spot for graffiti.

A tree towers over Dames Cave like a sentinel guarding the passage to the underworld.

A man-made, yet beautiful waterfall at Rainbow Springs.

Springhead, Rainbow Springs State Park, FL

Another beautiful cascade in Rainbow Springs that reminds me of the waterfalls in the Appalachians.

Vertical view of the same cascade at Rainbow Springs.

A smaller waterfall nestled in the Rainbow Springs Gardens.

A close-up shot of an azalea bloom at Rainbow Springs.

Another gorgeous waterfall just off the beaten path at Rainbow Springs.


Another photo of the springhead at Rainbow Springs.

Azalea blooms profusely around the pathways at Rainbow Springs.

Comments