Elk Knob and South Mountain (July 18-19, 2020)


During the third and fourth full days of my trip, my sister and I went to Elk Knob and South Mountain State Parks in North Carolina. Her fiance joined us for Elk Knob, but had a prior commitment when we went to South Mountain. Both are place I had visited before, but their beauty always beckons me back.

Hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. Thanks for reading.


Multitudes of mountains from Elk Knob (5520' above sea level).

Clouds cast shadows over the high peaks near Elk Knob.

Snake Mountain
Elk Knob State Park, NC

A few last blooms of flame azalea on Elk Knob added a pop of color.

A small triple waterfall occurs just before High Shoals Falls.

High Shoals Falls
South Mountain State Park, NC

High Shoals Falls II
South Mountain State Park, NC

Smaller cascades above High Shoals Falls.

A vertical view of the same cascades.

The creek that eventually forms High Shoals Falls.

Comments